CODE OF CONDUCT
We invite all users to help us create safe and positive experiences for everyone, and we also include ways for our users, participants, and attendees (“participants”) to report any violations. Together we can make a fun and harassment-free experience, for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, race, or religion.
WHAT IS EXPECTED
The following conduct is expected and requested of all participants in Ubuntuland under these guidelines:
- Exercise consideration and respect in your speech and actions.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behaviour and speech.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and your fellow participants. Alert community leaders if you notice a dangerous situation, or violations of this Code of Conduct.
Unacceptable behaviour from any participant, including sponsors, will not be tolerated. The following actions are unacceptable under these guidelines:
- Violence, threats of violence, or violent language directed against another person.
- Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
- Posting or displaying sexually explicit or violent material, posting or threatening to post other people’s personally identifying information ("doxing").
- Personal insults, particularly those related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, or disability.
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following (online or in-person).
- Sustained disruption of community events, including talks and, presentations.
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behaviour.
Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behaviour is expected to comply immediately.
If a participant engages in unacceptable behaviour, the other participants at the event may opt to silence and hide the offending participant themselves by clicking on their avatar, which will in turn provide a text option to hide that user. Additionally, a participant may notify the event organisers or Africarare by emailing [email protected] The event organisers and Africarare may, but are not obliged to, take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including a warning, temporary ban, or permanent expulsion from the community/event without warning.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
Africarare, and its officers and employees, is not responsible or liable for the content, conduct, or services of users or third parties.
You acknowledge that you will be exposed to the conduct, content, and services of users, and that Africarare, (including its officers and employees), does not control and is not responsible or liable for the quality, safety, legality, truthfulness or accuracy of any such user conduct, content or user services. Your interactions with other users and your use of content are entirely at your own risk. Africarare has no obligation to become involved in any dispute that you may have or claim to have with one or more users of Ubuntuland, or in any manner in any resolution thereof.
CHANGES TO THIS CODE OF CONDUCT
Africarare may change this Code of Conduct from time to time. All users have the obligation to be aware of the updated versions of this Policy.